Friday 12 January 2024

Julies Name Game - New Free Motion Quilting Design #353

Green holly and red berries stitched on white fabric
New Free Motion Quilting Design #351 "Holly Jolly".

This design is based on my design #351 “Holly Jolly”.

I wanted to add some red berries in keeping with the beautiful contrast of red and green found in real Holly.

Variegated thread would be OK but to accomplish the colour separation that I want, this design has been quilted twice.

The leaves were quilted first then I followed the looping pathway a second time to add the berries.

Named by popular vote (Facebook, Instagram) at 6:00 PM (PDT) on Sunday, December 17, 2023, this design is now called “Berry Nice”.

Thank you and congratulations to Val Ansell of Nanaimo, B.C. for suggesting the winning name!

Join in on all the fun and click on the links on this page to follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Feedspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment