Wednesday 20 January 2021

My Beautiful Backyard Retreat

My backyard retreat

 2020 was a year of changes and challenges for us all!

All of my out of town teaching engagements were cancelled yet family who needed me kept my days full.

With all of the uncertainty my sweet husband decided to build me something extra special.

We had discussed a cold frame or possibly an enclosed garden and this beauty is what he came up with instead. 

I think it belongs on the cover of a magazine!      

Wood for construction was locally milled and delivered.                                                                         All other items needed were purchased by curbside pickup or mail order when not available locally.

Just a little taste of Summer to thank you for your patience while I catch this blog up to date.  

Finally ...just in case you were thinking that this has nothing to do with quilting, my new greenhouse is the most relaxing place ever to sit and hand stitch!       (Tutorials coming soon.)

What do you think I should plant this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment