Friday 17 May 2019

Julies Name Game - New Free Motion Quilting design #111


This weeks new Free Motion Quilting design is one from my "doodle" book.
Doodling is a great way to create new designs and fine tune how best to stitch them.

This design was named by popular vote (Facebook and Instagram) on Sunday April 28, 2019.
I normally announce the designs new name at 6:00 PM (Pacific) but this week took a bit of a twist.
Even with an extension in the voting to 7:00 PM we were locked in a tie for the win.

In cases like this I would normally turn to one of my thoroughly impartial hand puppets.
However, being far from home I had to get a bit creative!

I needed someone willing to break the tie so I turned to the lady at the gas pump (I was a a gas station filling up my car you see) next to me and asked if she would be willing to help.
Her name was Joyce.
It turns out that Joyce knows lots of quilters and immediately recognised this as a free motion quilting design.
Hi Joyce. I think you are also a quilter:)

So ... with the help of Joyce and by very popular vote on Facebook, Instagram and at the gas station this design has been named
"Sweet Peas, please".
Thank you and congratulations to Jaynie Himsl of Weyburn Saskatchewan!


No comments:

Post a Comment