Friday 7 September 2018

Dream Big With Free Motion Quilting


The Dream Big digital floral print by Hoffman Fabrics has been a real hit with quilters who find this panel is a fun way to show off our machine quilting skills.

Here is my first go at it.

This piece was Free Motion Quilted on my HQ Sweet 16, hand guided,
no stitch regulator.
The designs are all stitched freeform, no drawing.
Batting is two layers of Hobbs Tuscany Polyester (for loft and stitch defination) on top of one layer of cotton batting (to add stability so the piece will hang well on a wall).
Thread is WonderFil Polyfast white, both top and bottom.
I love how this thread appears to change color to match the color of the fabric adding depth to the subtle shift of colors in the digital print.

This piece was enjoyable to do and I am happy with the results.

Class currently available at Snip & Stitch Sewing Centre in Nanaimo.
Inspired Free Motion Quilting - Dream Big Panel
Hope you can join me!


And just for fun here is the back.



1 comment:

  1. One thing I have noticed about certain sites is that, even though they have tons of content, the site looks great and the headlines are eye catching is that the material is simply filler. It’s downright unreadable. You can forget it 6 seconds after you read it. Not the case with your post though, really enjoyed it reading it and it held my attention all the way through! Keep it up.

    Read my Latest Post

    ReplyDelete